1. The information, resources and links provided in this website are general in nature and do not constitute taxation or financial advice.
2. Every effort has been made to ensure that the information provided is accurate. Individuals must not rely on this information to make a financial or investment decision. Before making any decision, we recommend you consult your Accountant to take into account your particular accounting, taxation and individual needs.
3. Muscillo Romano will endeavour to update the website as needed. However, information can change without notice and Muscillo Romano does not guarantee the accuracy of information on the website, including information provided by third parties, at any particular time.
4. Muscillo Romano does not give any warranty as to the accuracy, reliability or completeness of the information which is contained within this website. Except insofar as any liability under statute cannot be excluded, Muscillo Romano, its employees do not accept any liability for any error or omission on this web site or for any resulting loss or damage suffered by the recipient or any other person.
5. Unless otherwise specified, copyright of information provided on this website is owned by Muscillo Romano. You may not alter or modify this information in any way, including the removal of this copyright notice.
Your Privacy is important to us.
MUSCILLO ROMANO will update this Privacy Statement as required. For example, as we update and improve our services, modifications may be required. Any changes will be published so that you are always aware of the sort of information we collect, how the information may be used, and under what circumstances it may be disclosed by MUSCILLO ROMANO.
For more detail on MUSCILLO ROMANO's approach to privacy generally, please contact Michele Romano.
1. Personal Information is any information or opinion from which an individual's identity may be ascertained. MUSCILLO ROMANO only collects information that is necessary to assist us in providing our services. We do not collect personal information unless we first ask you for it, you provide it to us, or the information is publicly available.
Examples of the types of information we collect include:
a) Your individual or your entity's identity and contact details;
b) financial information;
c) share portfolio information;
d) creditor information; and
e) information as required by taxation law.
2. MUSCILLO ROMANO collects information about you (individuals and entities) in a number of different ways including:
(a) MUSCILLO ROMANO collects information from you when you engage our firm so that we may provide you with tax consulting / training / business services / audit / information technology / human resources / corporate secretarial services;
(b) MUSCILLO ROMANO collects information from external sources with prior consent from you. Our external sources include: Australian Security and Investments Commission (ASIC), Australian Taxation Office (ATO). MUSCILLO ROMANO ensures that external sources are permitted under the National Privacy Principles to disclose the information to MUSCILLO ROMANO, or has received the prior consent from the individual to release the information to MUSCILLO ROMANO.
Consent is obtained from you when we are appointed by you as your:
- tax agent;
- registered office for a company;
Our appointment is confirmed in writing with you.
(c) MUSCILLO ROMANO collects information when you make contact with us to enquire about our services.
(d) When you e-mail us:
- we will use your e-mail address for the purpose for which you provided it and to raise awareness about recent developments that may be of relevance or interest;
- your e-mail address will not be added to a commercially available mailing list; and
- we will not disclose it without your consent.
(e) Other personal information collected by us:
- will be collected by lawful and fair means;
- will be used for a lawful purpose;
- will be collected with your consent;
- the purpose for collection should be clear and explicit; and
- we ensure that any information collected is collected in accordance with the National Privacy Principles.
3. If you do not provide us with the information we request, our ability to provide our high standard of service may be compromised.
- MUSCILLO ROMANO's advice may be inaccurate or incomplete;
- MUSCILLO ROMANO may be unable to provide certain services to the individual concerned;
- The provision of (some of) MUSCILLO ROMANO's services to the individual may be delayed; and/or
- In certain circumstances failure to provide some information may result in documents being submitted to the ATO, ASIC or other statutory bodies late and possibly incurring penalties.
4. MUSCILLO ROMANO collects information to provide you with a specific service. We may use the information you provide to us for a number of purposes such as:
- ATO reporting requirements;
- managing your financial portfolio;
- ASIC requirements;
- provide other services you require;
- administer and manage those services, including charging, billing and collecting debts;
- inform you of ways the services provided to you could be improved;
- advising clients of events, business opportunities and service provision available to them;
- Providing you with news and information relevant to you
- research and develop our services; and
- maintain and develop our business systems and infrastructure.
Your personal information is also collected to promote and market other services which we consider may be of interest to you. You may notify us at any time that you do not wish to receive marketing or promotional material by contacting our privacy manager.
5. MUSCILLO ROMANO does not collect sensitive information such as an individual's religion; race; political opinion; membership of a political association; religious beliefs or affiliations; sexual preferences or practices; criminal records; or health information. There may be exemptions to this rule, such as where collection is required by law.
6. MUSCILLO ROMANO will not sell, exchange, trade or otherwise supply to third parties any personal information obtained from you without your prior consent.
7. MUSCILLO ROMANO, with prior consent, discloses information about you to various organisations and/or parties in order to fulfil our client services. These organisations include for example:
- Australian Taxation Office (ATO)
- Australian Securities and Investment Commission (ASIC)
- CPA Australia Quality Control
- Banking and financial institutions
- Superannuation authorities
- Fund Managers
- Government and statutory bodies
When your personal information is no longer used by MUSCILLO ROMANO as set out above, we will destroy or permanently de-identify personal information. Our ability to destroy information is limited by legislative requirement to retain records for a period of time.
8. MUSCILLO ROMANO intends to protect the quality and integrity of personal information kept about you. MUSCILLO ROMANO has implemented appropriate industry standard techniques, technological and organisational measures to protect against loss, misuse and/or alteration of the information under our control.
These measures include:
- Server Encryption and site monitoring
- Computer Firewalls & intrusion detection
- Computer password authentication
- Offsite data backup
- Confidentiality clauses in employment agreements
- Bound by the Rules of Ethical Conduct of the ICAA and CPA
- Computer, Internet and Email Policy
- Building Security
- Restricted access to firm premises
- Unique client identifiers
MUSCILLO ROMANO will review security arrangements from time to time as we deem appropriate.
9. We take reasonable steps to ensure that any personal information transmitted via our website is stored securely. Transmissions sent to or from our website are routinely monitored for quality control and systems administration. Unfortunately, no data transmission over the Internet can be guaranteed to be 100% secure. While we strive to protect your personal information from misuse, loss and unauthorised access, we cannot guarantee the security of any information you transmit to us or receive from our online products or services. Once we receive your transmission, we make our best effort to ensure its security.
10. Other web sites that may be accessed through our site may collect personally identifiable information about you. The information practices of those third-party web sites linked to MUSCILLO ROMANO are not covered by this privacy statement.
Advice about the Internet and personal information can be found on the Privacy Commissioner's web site, www.privacy.gov.au.
12. MUSCILLO ROMANO takes all reasonable precautions to ensure that the personal information we collect, use and disclose is accurate, complete and up-to-date. However, the accuracy of the information we hold depends to a large extent on the information you provide.
You have a right to access your personal information (subject to the Act), subject to some exceptions allowed by law. If you would like to do so, please let us know by contacting your advisor or our Privacy Manager. You may be required to put your request in writing for security reasons. We will not charge you for responding to such a request, unless we incur costs in providing the information.
For any complaints regarding a possible breach of privacy, or if you have any questions or feedback in relation to privacy, contact Michele Romano our Privacy Manager.
Phone: 07 3421 6100
Facsimile: 07 3421 6110
Address: 6 Overend Street, East Brisbane, QLD 4120
Office hours: 8.30 am and 5.30 pm EST, Monday to Friday.